When exploring outside with the DEFY app, you may encounter other Operatives. To ensure a positive experience for all players, please follow these guidelines. Violating these rules may result in penalties, but not limited to, include account suspension or termination, removal of in-game currency/items, restricting assets that can be used in the app. These penalties can be issued with or without warning.
Guidelines to keep in mind, but not limited to, the following:
- Avoid engaging in defamation, abuse, harassment, bullying, harm, stalking, or threatening behaviour towards other players.
- Please be mindful of sharing personal details or the identities of other players without their consent, even if you know them personally. This includes any information about another user's identity, such as their name, phone number, email address, location, or physical address.
- Please respect the privacy of others when taking photos, videos, or 3D scans. If someone asks you to delete their picture or video, please comply with their request.
- Avoid impersonating other individuals or brands.
As you explore the world, please keep in mind the laws of the country you are in, and abide by the rules of the real world. Please keep in mind the following:
- Be kind and respectful towards other players or bystanders whom you might encounter while exploring.
- Stay aware of your surroundings and avoid entering any inappropriate or dangerous areas, or any areas where you are not permitted to be.
- When traveling, players should be mindful of potential hazards such as other pedestrians, traffic, and obstacles.
- As with any mobile app, should not be used while driving a vehicle.
- During live events, be mindful of other players around you and abide by the rules of gameplay.
Inappropriate content and behaviour includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Hate speech or content that promotes hatred based on players' identity, such as their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Promoting, encouraging, or affiliating with terrorist organisations or violent extremist groups.
- Antagonistic speech or actions, including behaviour that bullies, abuses, or harasses others.
- Content that is posted to defame, abuse, harass or threaten another player.
- Content that displays adult nudity or sexual activity.
- Content that sexualises minors. It is important to prioritise the safety and well-being of minors in all situations.
- Content that promotes or assists in illegal activity or facilitates transaction of prohibited goods.
- Content that includes graphic imagery, gore or violence.
- Spam, ads, promotions, or content that is designed to mislead, deceive, or otherwise harm users.
- Content that violates other’s intellectual property rights including copyrights or trademarks.
- Any content that promotes violations of our Terms of Service.
While we continually take steps to develop and improve anti-cheat measures, cheating is strictly prohibited when playing DEFY. This includes any action that attempts to alter or interfere with the normal intended behaviour when playing the game. It also includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Playing with multiple accounts (e.g. earning $DEFY or other rewards into two or more accounts including Referral Rewards). This means at most one user can only use one account and only one device.
- Sharing an account with multiple users.
- Attempting to alter or falsify a device’s location such as GPS spoofing or geo-hacking.
- Accessing services in an unauthorised manner, including using modified or unofficial third-party software to manipulate the app in any form.
- Buying, selling, or trading of accounts.
- Abusing a bug to gain rewards.
- Abusing the refund policy.
The current anti-cheat measures implemented results in DEFY not working on devices that are detected or reasonably suspected to be cheating. DEFY Team will not provide support to players who attempt to or are found cheating.
Violating Terms & Conditions and Guidelines
Players that violate the Terms & Conditions and/or Player Guidelines may result in penalties , but not limited to, include account suspension or termination, removal of in-game currency/items, restricting assets that can be used in the app. These penalties can be issued with or without warning.
Our goal is to create a fair and safe gaming environment for all players. To achieve this, we ask that everyone follows the Terms & Conditions and the Player Guidelines.
Ensuring a fair gaming experience
To ensure a fair and safe gaming environment, we use a combination of automated systems, manual cross checks, and reports. Players who violate our Terms & Conditions and/or Player Guidelines will face appropriate action.
How can I report a cheater?
How can I report an inappropriate username?
How to be safe on Discord?
Three steps to be safe on Discord
- We will NEVER DM you first
The DEFY team including Moderators will never DM you first and we will never ask for your personal information or seed phrase. Scammers often impersonate team members, copying their profile picture and name and then DM you. If in doubt, please screenshot and contact a team member or moderator on the Discord.
- Turn off DMs on Discord
Please follow the steps below:
- Please go to your Discord User Settings.
- Click Privacy & Safety.
- Uncheck ‘Allow direct messages from server members’.
- Do not click links
Be extremely wary of links from any known or unknown source. This is a common attack vector. Sharing links is turned off in our discord server for the safety of our users.
- Do not ask for Personal or Sensitive information
Please avoid asking or disclosing sensitive information, such as your residential address, to other users. It's crucial to recognise that, in Discord and the real world, you are primarily responsible for your own safety. If you ever find yourself in doubt or come across any suspicious activity, feel free to contact a moderator or a member of the DEFY Team for support.